Commonwealth Professional Fellowships are for mid-career professionals from low and middle income Commonwealth countries to spend between six weeks and three months at a UK host organisation working in their sector on a programme of professional development.
Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Professional Fellowships provide talented and motivated professionals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector
These Fellowships are offered under six development themes:
1.Science and technology for development
2.Strengthening health systems and capacity
3.Promoting global prosperity
4.Strengthening global peace, security and governance
5.Strengthening resilience and response to crises
6.Access, inclusion and opportunity
Purpose: To provide professionals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector, and to have catalytic effects on their workplaces.
Intended beneficiaries: Mid-career professionals (with five years’ relevant work experience) working in development-related organisations in low and middle income Commonwealth countries.
Please check official website for detailed benefit for this Commonwealth Professional Fellowship
To be eligible for these fellowships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have normally at least five years’ relevant work experience in a profession related to the subject of the application, by the proposed start of the fellowship
- Be available to start your fellowship within prescribed dates as stated on the CSC website
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship in the last five years
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study in the UK. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject
- You must be available to undertake the Fellowship during the dates set out by the Host organisation. All Fellowships must start between 15 April 2019 and 17 June 2019. You should check exact dates with the prospective Host.
Application Deadline: December 3, 2018
Disclaimer: Try Scholarship disseminates opportunity information for your ease of convenience based on availability of information, and therefore, does not accept any responsibility arising out for the unintended changes or imprecise information. As this is not the official opportunity providers’ page, we always prefer you to visit the official website of opportunity provider for fullest information. For organizations, this opportunity is shared with sole purpose of promoting “Same Level of Access to Information” for all and should not be associated with any other purposes.