The American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is targeted to high achieving international students who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in the US and who are proactive to positive civic and social change.
- The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room, and board).
- The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S. $4,000).
- It is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
You are NOT eligible to apply if:
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country
- You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States
- You graduated secondary school earlier than 2016
- AU EGLS candidates must apply Regular Decision for fall (August) 2018. Do not apply Early Decision (ED)
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country
- Students with a 95 TOEFL iBT, 7.0 IELTS or 600 paper-based TOEFL (or above)
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2018
Eligible Regions: Non-USA countries
- Complete the online AU EGLS application (available September 2017) and Questions 1-4
- Submit a bank letter and the AU Certification of Finances (AU CFIS) form – each demonstrating a minimum of U.S.$4,000. These can be scanned and emailed as PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit your official TOEFL or IELTS score results (preferred score: 95 TOEFL iBT, 7.0 IELTS or 600 paper-based TOEFL, or above) if available. These can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com. International Admissions will call ETS or IELTS to verify scores on your behalf
- Complete and submit the Common Application or Coalition Application, together with all supporting documents per checklist. Please note that students who do not complete their application by the deadline will not be reviewed
- If you are applying through a program supported by EducationUSA such as USAP, CCC, Diana Kamal Scholarship, or similar, please provide a letter from your EducationUSA center’s adviser confirming your candidacy. You may request for them to send it to firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF
- If you are not selected as one of the finalists, you may still be considered for admission to American University, Washington, DC and eligible for partial merit scholarships. However, to continue the application process, you will need to submit proof of funds totaling U.S.$64,707 (estimated costs for the first year of study)
** Skype interviews will be required for AU EGL semi-finalists and finalists.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2018 (10 Days Remaining)
Disclaimer: Try Scholarship disseminates opportunity information for your ease of convenience based on availability of information, and therefore, does not accept any responsibility arising out for the unintended changes or imprecise information. As this is not the official opportunity providers’ page, we always prefer you to visit the official website of opportunity provider for fullest information. For organizations, this opportunity is shared with sole purpose of promoting “Same Level of Access to Information” for all and should not be associated with any other purposes.