The Innovation Square Startup Accelerator (I2@OIST) is Okinawa’s first global startup accelerator program. Each year, a highly selective group of entrepreneurs from all over the world will be chosen to participate in a fixed-term residency program at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology, where they will receive the funding, mentoring, and partnerships required to launch their technology ventures right here in Okinawa, Japan. The I2@OIST Accelerator combines talent, facilities, and resources from OIST with the most innovative, global technology entrepreneurs to build startups together.
The incubator is envisioned as a mixed-use facility that can accommodate wet lab, dry lab, and computational research and development activities. It is open to startup companies as well as established companies that wish to collaborate with OIST. The first phase of the incubator will be a 500m2 pre-fab facility expected to be operational in April 2019.
- Entrepreneurs from Japan and internationally with an innovative technology ranging in Technology Readiness Level of 3-6.
- All technology fields will be considered except projects requiring pharmaceutical/drug clinical trials (Pre-clinical is eligible).
- If selected, founder or team leader must devote 100% effort on the project for the duration of the accelerator program.
- STEP 1: Submit a Letter of Intent (using the form below) Due date: December 7, 2018 JST
- STEP 2: Submit a full proposal (by-invitation-only) Due date: December 21, 2018 JST
- STEP 3: Proposal review by panel of industry experts STEP 4: Interview via web or in-person (by-invitation-only)
- STEP 5: Final Selection Date: February 15, 2019 JST
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Disclaimer: Try Scholarship disseminates opportunity information for your ease of convenience based on availability of information, and therefore, does not accept any responsibility arising out for the unintended changes or imprecise information. As this is not the official opportunity providers’ page, we always prefer you to visit the official website of opportunity provider for fullest information. For organizations, this opportunity is shared with sole purpose of promoting “Same Level of Access to Information” for all and should not be associated with any other purposes.