ICIMOD is pleased to launch the ‘ICT for Mountain Development Award 2018’ that recognizes innovations in information and communications technology for Development (ICTD) that can help promote mountain development and environmental conservation. The award(s) will be announced on International Mountain Day (IMD), 11 December, 2018.
Although ICT for Development is increasingly being used across the world, including in some parts of the Hindu Kush Himalayan region (HKH), we do not yet have a comprehensive picture of its use, application and proliferation in the mountain context of HKH. The annual ICT for Mountain Development Award would allow us and others working in this area to learn where, how and what is being done in the region in terms of ICT and mountain development. It will also help different thematic programmes build partnerships and support each other’s work in the region using ICT as an added enabler for mountain development. The award reflects the importance ICIMOD places on this emerging area of ICT for Development and gives continuity to ICIMOD’s efforts in this area.
Awards will be given in a number of categories. For this year, there will be awards in the current four thematic work areas of ICIMOD (livelihoods, water and air, ecosystem services, and geospatial solutions). There could also be other categories such as ‘audience choice award’ and/or ‘special mentions award’. While the applicants are required to choose one of the broad categories, including ‘others’, they can focus on a specific work area while making the submission, e.g., mountain agriculture, disaster management, forestry, environment, mountain tourism, open data, inclusion, etc. The same work cannot be submitted in multiple categories.
- Awards will be given in a number of categories
- There will be awards in the current four thematic work areas of ICIMOD (livelihoods, water and air, ecosystem services, and geospatial solutions)
- The call is open to anyone living in any part of the world as long as the project case/work is relevant to the context of HKH
- Individuals, entrepreneurs, development practitioners and institutions are all eligible to submit their work
- The chief criteria is that such ICT for Development initiatives have been applied in the HKH region
- Hold a clear focus on mountain development or mountain environment
- Made an impact on the ground.
- All forms of ICT (mobile, radio, Internet, digital content, blogs, robotics, multimedia, etc.) are eligible for submission.
- Apply the online form through the given link
- Kindly go through the information provided above before filling the form.
- Please ensure that the information you have provided is accurate and up-to-date.
- It is recommended that you fill in all fields.
- After filling out the form, if you want to share a presentation/video clip about your project, you can email it to [email protected] mentioning the project name.
- Irrespective of the language used in the project, all information provided must be in English.
- Incomplete forms will not be considered.
- All entries have to be real products or solutions that have already been implemented. No drafts, demos or unfinished projects/work will be considered.
- Please note that this is not a call for a research proposal or any other kinds of grant.
- ICIMOD, as organizer, reserves the right to reject any submission/entry without assigning any reason.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2018
Disclaimer: Try Scholarship disseminates opportunity information for your ease of convenience based on availability of information, and therefore, does not accept any responsibility arising out for the unintended changes or imprecise information. As this is not the official opportunity providers’ page, we always prefer you to visit the official website of opportunity provider for fullest information. For organizations, this opportunity is shared with sole purpose of promoting “Same Level of Access to Information” for all and should not be associated with any other purposes.