The Holland Scholarship is awarded by Dutch Ministry of Education Culture and Science and other research universities of applies science.The scholarship programme is first and foremost a means of profiling Dutch higher education. It is aimed at stimulating talented international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to study in Holland.
The Holland Scholarship was set up as a result of the Vision on internationalisation set out by the VSNU (the Association of Universities in the Netherlands) and the Netherlands Association of Universities of Applied Sciences, as well as the letter of the Ministry of Education Culture and Science in June 2014 outlining the government’s vision on internationalisation. One of the essential points in both documents was the strong demand for a new Dutch scholarship programme aimed at student mobility.
This programme is jointly financed by the ministry and Dutch higher education ,The Holland Scholarship is made available by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science together with 48 Dutch higher education institutions. They will grant scholarships to 1,536 students per academic year.
In addition, the programme aims to increase the international mobility of Dutch students, by stimulating them to study outside the EEA on a scholarship.
We have an advisory role in the implementation of the programme. We are responsible for providing information about the programme and promoting it, as well as coordinating the alumni network and organising events.
- Participants will be awarded an amounts to € 5,000.
- Participants will receive this in the first year of your studies.
- This scholarship will not cover full-tuition scholarship
- Your nationality is non-EEA.
- You are applying for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s programme at one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions.
- You meet the specific requirements of the institution of your choice. You can find these on the website of the institution.
- You do not have a degree from an education institution in the Netherlands.
Eligible Regions: Non-EEA Countries.
- Participants can now apply for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- The deadline for application is either 1 February 2019 or 1 May 2019.
- Please check the website of the institution of your choice to confirm the correct deadline.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2019
Disclaimer: Try Scholarship disseminates opportunity information for your ease of convenience based on availability of information, and therefore, does not accept any responsibility arising out for the unintended changes or imprecise information. As this is not the official opportunity providers’ page, we always prefer you to visit the official website of opportunity provider for fullest information. For organizations, this opportunity is shared with sole purpose of promoting “Same Level of Access to Information” for all and should not be associated with any other purposes.